Monday, September 5, 2011

A Fool's Fate

Okay, I'll admit, I wanted an excuse to put up these photos of Princess with Robin Hobb's "Fool's Fate", so I created this blog post. 

"Oh, that fool..."

 "I can't look! Make it stop! Make it stop!"

On a more mature note, the Tawny Man series (includes "Fool's Fate") by Robin Hobb is a good read. She has two more series, The Farseer trilogy and the Liveship Traders trilogy that are favorites of mine. My boyfriend introduced me to her work about a year ago, and I was surprised that I somehow missed this brilliant author while ingesting several kilos of fantasy books each month as a teenager. Her fantasy books have it all - action, adventure, intrigue, a dash of romance and liberal dose of wild magic.
She has a knack for creating a certain pace in her writing. Fast enough to increase your heart rate, but not so fast that you get tired. I have great respect for Robin Hobb's writing abilities.

You can buy "Fool's Fate" and other Robin Hobb books online
Be prepared to be curled up for several days with these fantasy novels.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...